Outsourcing Bespoke Solutions: Key Considerations
Innovative Technologies are changing the way we think, offering unprecedented insights into our business landscape
This is driving the desire for MORE… more what? More information, as it is happening. Business driven analytical requirement demands are happening so rapidly, that internal technical solutions, infrastructure and even IT skill sets are simply struggling to keep up with them.
It is no wonder therefore that across the sectors and regions, businesses are turning back again to outsourced experts, as opposed to internal teams, to provide bespoke solutions to meet their needs; after all it is more cost effective than setting up an entire department and implementing enterprise wide solutions which will only be outdated in a few months’/years’ time.
The challenge when hiring outsourced teams are many;
- Consultants must truly understand the business sector AND the unique business requirements when setting the project scope. This is vital as different sectors will require different regulations (say compliance) and have implications on your business – not the outsourced solution provider - when missed.
- Technical teams must truly understand the business infrastructure; both existing today AND any future plans, in terms of IT transformation strategies. This is crucial in ensuring a smooth implementation as well as providing the best ROI.
As a minimum, outsourced application development must include:
- Accelerated Development. IT solutions must be up and running as quickly as possible. Especially bespoke application development.
- Scalability. Whether off the shelf or bespoke applications; all solutions must be able to have the flexibility for rapid change of functionality as well as implementation roll out. Best ROI is when projects start off small and manageable, literally tried and tested, before extending and widening the user base.
- Audit trails; a complete transparent trail of well, ALL activity must be easily available, either via regular reports on on-demand.
- Be Intuitive: easy to set up, easy to use - once implemented the solution should be ‘running on it’s own’ ie provide a simple to use / simple to understand interface.
- Be Accessible: not only must it be secure it must also be easily distributed to all stakeholders, on various levels – more than simple administrator and users – it must include things like power user, reporting user, and dashboard user to name but a few.
- Secure: the solution must be made as secure as possible – especially if used over a variety of platforms – ie internal, external networks and via the cloud.
So there are a few tips of what to look out for when engaging an external solution provider. However, the overriding factor to all of the points I raised above are that the consultant provides you with a SOLUTION to your problem – and in good time too – not added headaches, increase in costs and increased problems.
Take a good look at your solution provider – do they have the sector and function experience within their business that matches your needs? Do they posses the technical capability to create the specific solution for you? Will it be future-proof for you? Can they deliver in time?
Just a few pointers for you. If you wish to discuss any of the above, do not hesitate to contact me – I’d welcome the opportunity to have a chat.
Who are we?
We are proud of our team of highly experienced & well connected professionals, who have been successfully delivering business solutions across diverse technologies and in multiple industry sectors.
Our particular expertise is in the financial services and insurance sectors.
Along with this, we are able to call on our extensive network of consultants, partners and associates to augment our delivery capacity. TechFINIUM currently has operations in the UK,
South Africa, and India.